Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Strategy Lesson Reflection


     Aside from those couple of moments of me feeling uncomfortable, I think that the lesson went well.  I expected to get mixed reviews on the strategy itself; it is hard for people who want to just read a text to have to sit and write notes out if they enjoy the text.  This is a strategy that I have always used when reading longer books and novels.  I find it easier to keep up with characters, imagery, and symbolism when I can mark them directly in the text; it also makes it easier to flip back and forth between my notes.


    After doing my Strategy Lesson for "Post-it Response Notes" I have realized how SLOWLY time moves by when you are at the front of the classroom, especially when the class is working on some assignment or reading.  When I gave the text to the class to read, I found myself feeling antsy as I waited for everyone to read it, and I also found it challenging to know how long everyone needed to do the reading.  I circled around a little bit to get a general feel, but as someone who isn't 100% used to being at the front of the class yet, it was an uncomfortable feeling.



     As I spend more and more time at the front of the classroom, I think I will start to get more and more comfortable transitioning from student to teacher. 

(word count: 240)

1 comment: